Yarraville Seddon Eagles Football Club was formed at the end of 2006 with the amalgamation of Yarraville Football Club (initially founded as Kingsville Football Club), Seddon Football Club (also known as Seddon-Yarraville Club Football Club) and Yarraville Juniors (initially founded as Yarraville Boys Club).
Kingsville Football Club was a member of the FDFL from 1936, based in Roberts St, Footscray before moving to the Yarraville Oval in 1990 to take up the ground vacated by the previous Yarraville Football Club which ceased operation in 1984. In 1996, Kingsville Football Club changed its name to Yarraville Football Club. Kingsville/Yarraville won Division 1 Senior Premierships in 1943, 1964 and 1997.
Seddon Football Club (known also as Seddon-Yarraville Club Football Club) played in the FDFL from 1935, and was based at Hamner Reserve until its merger at the end of 2006 with Yarraville Football Club. Seddon won Division 1 Senior Premierships in 1950, 1953, 1976, 1991 and 1992.
Yarraville Boys Club, later renamed Yarraville Juniors, played in the FDFL from 1968 and was based at Yarraville Oval.
Whilst the original Yarraville Football Club, which was founded in 1903 as a member of the VJFA and from 1928 was a member of the VFA where it played until 1984, is not a predecessor club of the Yarraville Seddon Eagles, we recognise their achievements and note many also played with Kingsville and Seddon.